Simple Guide On Sunscreens !

    Assalamualaikum and hello everyone ! How're you doin this fine day? Me? I'm on a two-weeks holiday! Weheeeeeeeeeee.

So today! For Malaysians and for the summer countries that want to go bathing under the sun, This is the Guide On Sunscreens! :D

Do I wear sunblock? Yes, everyday! Except the time when I stay at home all day then no. I started to wear sunblock since I'm 14 and all because of my mom. As a teenager that lives in a boarding school, I usually will be under the sun for hours in a day and will cause my tan skin gets tanner.


What is a sunscreen or a sunblock ?

You know that they actually are both different types?

Sunscreen : Is a chemical sunscreen which absorbs the UV (ultraviolet) radiation. If you wearing any moisturisers or cream on your face, better to wear the sunscreen first on the bare face THEN apply the cream after.

Common ingredients : Octylcrylene, Avobenzone, Octinoxate, Octisalate, Oxybenzone, Homosalate, Helioplex, 4-MBC, Mexoryl SX and SL,  Tinosorb S and M, Uvinul T 150, Uvinul A Plus

Sunblock : Is a physical sunblock which reflects the UV ray and act like a shield on our skin. It is the last step on our face means that you should wear cream first then the sunblock. But if you want to wear powder, wear it after applying sunblock on your face.

Common Ingredients : Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide

Why is it so IMPORTANT?

Sunscreen actually protects you from the damaging sun rays. The rays are the strongest from 10 a.m. to 4 pm.


UVA

                                            The ray that we got to watch out. 

UVA penetrates deeply into our largest organ 

Causes skin aging and wrinkles 

Can go through almost anything

Lead to skin cancer 


UVB



Lighter  than UVA

Reddening and sunburn causer

Doesn't penetrates glass


What is SPF 's ?

SPF stands for Stand Protection Factor. It allows the person to stay out times longer than the usual minute. Example, if you have a SPF 30. It will take 300 minutes for you to burn. If you have SPF 50, you'll take 500 minutes to burn. Understand :) ? But now, 



What is MY choice of sunscreen/block ?

I'm the fussy type and I will look at the ingredients first before buying products. My main choice is mineral-type of sunblock/screen. But, it's hard to find here so I just pick any sunblock that have Zinc Oxide or Titanium Dioxide! Those ingredients work the best to block UVB, UVA1 & UVA2! 

& I will choose not higher than SPF 50 because the higher the SPF's the higher the risk of health

So, what is your choice of sunblock/screen ?



Enjoy the perfection of summer and holidays while you can :)

Song of the day : All I Ever Need by Austin Mahone
Quote of the day :  

2 comments

  1. Two weeks holidays- jealous!

    I CANNOT reiterate enough how important sunscreen is. Like seriously - wont leave the house without it. As an australian, it is super important to protect my skin

    Lucy x
    www.skeeterandscout.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Lucy Pilz

    Hello Lucyyy :D. Haha, but yup. Even if it two weeks, I still can't get enough of the holidays. Just want more.

    Omgee, I love Australia <3 Thanks btw :)

    ReplyDelete

Appreciated :)